Sea of Thieves fans will get free items, new quests, a competitive mode and a new commerce company as part of an update to mark a year since the popular shared-world adventure title was released.
The day of remembrance Update will be available next month, with the makers of the pirate-themed game career it a “game changer”.
Joe Neate, Executive Producer at Rare, proclaimed a collection of story-rich quests called Tall Tales that are played out in the shared world and can be completed alone or with a crew. The first collection of Tall Tales will be called Shores of Gold, “an epic adventure of love, honour and betrayal in search of the fabulous Shores of Gold. This is Sea of Thieves like you’ve ne'er seen it before,” Neate added.
Rare is besides introducing a new commerce company, named The Hunter’s Call, which will give players new shipway to play and progress towards their ultimate aim of becoming a Pirate Legend.
Finally, The Arena will pit rival crews against each other as they race to find bounties and treasure. Each match will be “fun, frantic and action-packed”, Xbox has antecedently aforesaid. The Arena will besides add a new tap house area and some other commerce Company – the Sea Dogs – which will offer new goals and rewards.
“Today, we are celebrating a year of adventures in Sea of Thieves,” Neate wrote in a blog post. “It’s been some demeaning and amazing to see millions of players from all over the world set sail and create their own stories on the Sea of Thieves. On behalf of everyone at Rare, I’d like to say a immense give thanks you to everyone who’s played and made Sea of Thieves what it is today.
“While it’s been an amazing first year, we’re not done yet. With four major updates, nine time-limited events and more than 30 game updates, we’re still just acquiring started. We’re as excited about Sea of Thieves today as we were a year ago, and I’m pleased to be able to share with you a big reason why – The day of remembrance Update, our biggest content update so far, will be coming free to all players on April 30.
“The day of remembrance Update is a game changer that takes Sea of Thieves to a whole new level.”
Millions of gamers have played Sea of Thieves since its launch on Xbox, Windows 10 PC and on Game Pass last year. It has besides racked up hundreds of millions of views on YouTube and tens of millions of live broadcast hours on streaming service Twitch.
To say give thanks you to Sea of Thieves fans, Rare besides proclaimed a range of new in-game items and features:
- New Mercenary Voyages offering medleys in The Shores of Plenty and Devil’s Roar, together with a new Reaper’s Run voyage, commendations and cosmetics. There’s besides a special Gilded Mercenary Voyage of Legends for Pirate Legends
- Captain Bones’ Original Pirate cutlas has been added to the weapons chest for any player who played Sea of Thieves in the past year
- Any player who earned Pirate Legends status during Year One will receive a Golden Legendary drinking vessel, a Golden Legendary Hurdy Gurdy, a Golden Legendary musket and Golden Legendary ship customisations including a sail, hull and figurehead
- All players will be able to purchase the Golden Sailor Hat and Golden Sailor Cannons from any Outpost shop for just 320 gold until the launch of the day of remembrance Update
- A range of Sea of Thieves themed Gamerpics that players can use to personalize their Xbox Live page
Rare is besides cathartic the Sea of Thieves song We Shall Sail Together free through Spotify, Deezer, Google Play, iTunes, Amazon Music and Tidal.
More information on the day of remembrance Update will be discovered during a series of livestreams on Mixer, Twitch and YouTube:
- The Arena – Wednesday, April 10 at 5pm (BST)
- The Hunter’s Call – Tuesday, April 16 at 5pm (BST)
- Tall Tales – Shores of Gold – Tuesday, April 23 at 5pm (BST)