We started in this business over 25 years ago, and like to think that we're one of the countries longest established service providers. Over the decades we've finely tuned our service offering and staffing to provide the very best in class systems and services. With several notable acquisitions we've expanded our portfolio into structured cabling and infrastructure, automation, security and arbitration.
Our datacentres are all located underground with power grid isolation, two stage backup power, multistage environmental systems and disparate connectivity. We have tried and tested disaster recovery procedures and we even actively monitor space weather and have procedures for dealing with solar storms and other risk factors.
By using the very latest power saving technology, having our own solar systems and other initiatives we've reduced our carbon footprint and waste profile significantly. We monitor our Datacentres power usage in realtime and you can see it HERE.
Our market is customers who are looking for high performance, secure and bomb proof solutions and the very best in class support.
Every GEN customer get's their own account manager that they can contact anytime, even out of hours.
Our Technical HelpDesk, which is the primary channel for support monitors and tracks our performance in realtime and at the time of writing this our mean time response was 14 minutes and our mean time to fix was only 1.5 hours which is by far one of the best in the industry. We never off-shore anything ever.
We're never adversed to custom solutions, in fact that's how we work - you tell us what you need and we'll find a solution to do it.
Established in 1992, GEN has a long and well regarded heritage for being a market leader.
- We were the first Independent Internet Service Provider offering scaleable internet connectivity to large corporate clients in the UK and Europe via X.25, X.400 and private circuits.
- We were the first cloud service provider by providing TCP/IP Access to our centrally hosted Novell Netware Servers.
- We were the first provider to offer cellular data access to corporate networks via BT Cellnet and Motorola 9000 series car phones.
- We were the first UK provider to offer toll free dial-up internet via Cable Networks based on Hayes Century R/RAS
- We were the first to offer fixed price point to point over ISDN at 128k for UK businesses.
- We were the first to offer multilayer encrypted voice communications between businesses long before VoIP.
From the bleeding edge of encrypted telecommunications, to the very latest in internet based clouds, GEN as a group has it all to offer to potential clients who are looking for a personal collaborative relationship with a technical services provider. We are one of the few fully transparent organisations with our customer Your Portal giving our clients full access to their quotes, sales orders, invoices, statements, documents, contracts, and through our support systems our customers have full access to all past incidents and requests. We focus on providing best in class services with a real focus on security and encryption to protect our clients now and into the future.
Our target audience is not those who are looking for the cheapest self-managed poorly supported services but instead those who are looking for a more collaborative relationship where they drive the vision and we make it happen, whatever it takes. Welcome to a technical services provider who will never tell you something is impossible. Welcome to GEN.